Follow Us On Social Media
2016 Summer Writing Event
The LRWA 2016 Summer Writing Event has been scheduled and you are not going to believe the authors we have lined up for this day long event!
Where: Hampton Inn Charleston – Mount Pleasant, SC
When: June 11, 2016
Presenters: Katharine Ashe, Nina Bruhns, and Maria Connor
Upcoming Online Workshops
On Your Mark, Get Set – Starting Your Novel in the Right Place – March 2016
Crafting the Short Story – March 2016
Writing Flash Fiction – April 2016
WriteSEX – April 2016
Tough Chick – April 2016
For more workshops, please check out our Online Workshops Page
What Can LRWA Do For You?
Our February meeting is going to be a little different from our normal monthly meeting. We have no formal speaker planned, but we have a lot to discuss, brainstorm, and plan…
We want to know – what do you want out of your local chapter? More online courses? Informal social events? More speakers?
Further, we will be discussing:
1) Our new website… Amy Quinton will provide mock-ups for new and improved screens for our website. We’re looking for your ideas for Frequently Asked Questions, our Chapter Benefits, and the site’s usability.
2) New member programs… Do you want new member programs such as a critique group, mentorship program, write-ins/sprints, or writing challenges/prompts? Do any of these topics interest you? Do you have better ideas? Let’s figure this out. Let’s make this chapter be what we need to further our careers as authors.
3) Our mission statement… We need to refresh our mission statement. RWA has changed the way we do things, our mission statement needs to reflect those changes. Once we have a new statement it has to be approved by RWA National.
4) Our online courses… What topics would you like to see as an online course? Annual membership includes one free course, but no one takes advantage of this benefit. Why? What new way can we promote our online courses? How can each member help?
5) The possibility of creating an Anthology of writing techniques or romance short stories written by our members… We need a coordinator to assign or accept entries from each member. This will be an income producing project for the chapter. What techniques would you like to see? Plotting, characterization, research, dialogue – which one can you write about? Or would you rather have an Anthology of our chapter member short stories in their own genre? Let’s discuss and create a timeline. Is it feasible to do this in a year? Two years?
We hope to see you all there! Let’s make this chapter work for you!