LRWA is a national, non-profit organization whose purpose is to promote excellence in romantic fiction, to help writers become published and establish careers in their writing field, and to provide continuing support for writers within the romance publishing industry.
We encourage you to look around our site and join us at our next monthly meeting. If you are interested in joining our chapter, please take a look at our member benefits to read about all of the advantages our members enjoy or Join LRWA now!
We hope to see you soon!
Want another way to support our chapter? Check out our Chapter Swag on CafePress!
1. We lovingly crowned Deanna McNeil, writing as Michele Sims, our January Writing Queen! Deanna released her debut novel in November 2018, a contemporary multicultural romance titled Act I Seed on Fire, released the sequel, Act II Playing with Fire, in January 2019, and made PAN! Well done, Deanna!
2. Savannah Frierson presented a kick-a$$ workshop that was part information part therapy session on setting effective goals and how to dig into why we all excel at sabotaging them. 😉 All members have access to workshop handouts, links, and slides.
3. Amy Quinton (Madame President) issued a Challenge Goal to the entire membership: Write 2000 words on your WIP by the February Meeting (Feb 16). She’s going easy on everyone…this time! Bwahahahaha
4. Speaking of Goals: We established the 2019 LRWA Book of Goals…and we cannot wait to see it where it takes us all in 2019! —->
5. Members interested in additonal meetups, writing sprints, or critiques… Further information and session information will be headed to our member’s inboxes soon!
6. Sound like fun? Interested in Joining our Chapter? Come join us for a meeting and try us on for size!