- We had a full house at last month’s meeting! Yes!!
- Savannah presented important information about writing short stories – which was timely and came in handy because of #3:
- We announced a call for chapter members to participate in our first chapter anthology!
- Our Goals Donation rolled over another month – next month it could be you…
- In March, we crowned member, Ann Chaney, our March Writing Queen!Ann’s novel, Dangerous Pursuit, was announced as a Golden Heart Finalist for the 2019 Golden Heart contest. Congratulations Ann!
In addition – Besides, many years of service to LRWA, recently, Ann has served and been a valuable, active member of the online chapter, The Beau Monde.
Thank you for all you do, Ann! We are so fortunate to have you as part of our chapter family.
- In April, we crowned member, Renay Marsh, our April Writing Queen.Renay, writing as Violet Tempest, regularly and actively encourages herself and other writers through her posts and online writing sprints. We admire her ability to do so and to continue to write her own amazing stories even while actively managing her family’s business! That’s hard!
Congratulations, Renay – and thank you for being a part of our writing family! We hope to see you at another meeting soon.
1. We lovingly crowned Deanna McNeil, writing as Michele Sims, our January Writing Queen! Deanna released her debut novel in November 2018, a contemporary multicultural romance titled Act I Seed on Fire, released the sequel, Act II Playing with Fire, in January 2019, and made PAN! Well done, Deanna!
2. Savannah Frierson presented a kick-a$$ workshop that was part information part therapy session on setting effective goals and how to dig into why we all excel at sabotaging them. 😉 All members have access to workshop handouts, links, and slides.
3. Amy Quinton (Madame President) issued a Challenge Goal to the entire membership: Write 2000 words on your WIP by the February Meeting (Feb 16). She’s going easy on everyone…this time! Bwahahahaha
4. Speaking of Goals: We established the 2019 LRWA Book of Goals…and we cannot wait to see it where it takes us all in 2019! —->
5. Members interested in additonal meetups, writing sprints, or critiques… Further information and session information will be headed to our member’s inboxes soon!
6. Sound like fun? Interested in Joining our Chapter? Come join us for a meeting and try us on for size!
Happy 2019 Everyone
We hope you achieve all your writing goals for 2019! Come join us for encouragement, tips, and laughter as we discuss the craft of writing…no matter where you are on your publishing journey… 🙂
Happy 2018 Everyone
We hope you achieve all your writing goals for 2018! Come join us for encouragement, tips, and laughter as we discuss the craft of writing…no matter where you are on your publishing journey… 🙂
Happy Fall Y’all
From the Lowcountry Romance Writers of America
Happy 4th of July
We would like to wish all our Authors and Readers a Happy 4th of July!
Phew! The temperature is climbing here in the South and with the warmer weather comes…conference season! Many of you are in nearby Atlanta, enjoying the fun and excitement of the RT convention. We hope you’re having a grand time.
Last month, we had a blast at Huntington Beach State Park, where we met and talked Romance with a gentle sea breeze in our hair and the peaceful sounds of the ocean nearby. I hope we do more of these road trip meetings in the future!
Our next meeting is May 20th – moved ahead to avoid scheduling conflicts over the upcoming Memorial Day weekend. Our May speaker is a very special person in our hearts, the fabulous: Savannah Frierson. Savannah will be speaking to us about Diversity in romance. A topic which is incredibly important to everyone in Romancelandia. I urge you all to attend. And if you’ve ever wanted to come check out an LRWA meeting in person, this month is a great time to do so. You can go here for more information about our May meeting: http://lowcountryrwa.com/meetings/#MAY
We hope to see you in May!
Come Join Us At the Beach!
Spring is here, and it is the perfect time to put a pen in your hand, and your feet in the sand. Come join on April 22, 2017 for a day of writing fun at Huntington State Park. Admission is $5 per person, payable at the gate. Additional info about the facilities can be found at: http://southcarolinaparks.com/huntingtonbeach/introduction.aspx
For more information and to order a box lunch for this event, Click Here
Our Next Meeting…
Our next meeting is this Saturday, March 25, 2017.
10:30 Board meeting (all members invited, committee reports can be sent to me)
11:00 Quick announcements followed by High Fives and Oh Mys
Opportunity to buy tickets and goals
Lunch and networking
Our Guest Speaker is Stephanie Phillips of SBR Media. Stephanie will join us to speak about SBR Media, and share her insights in self-publishing.
Happy New Year – 2017
We hope you had a wonderful Winter Holiday and are ready for 2017. We at Lowcountry Romance Writers of America are ready and excited about the New Year. We have some exciting things planned for 2017, including great programs, more networking opportunities, and more contact with writers all over our state. If you’re new, we hope you’ll come to a meeting, meet our writers, and see what we have to offer. If you’re returning, we look forward to seeing you soon!